“Our patients and volunteers reflect the multicultural inclusiveness of Julia’s Center for Healthcare.” – Barbara Devitt, President
Julia’s Center for Healthcare is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization serving the indigent & uninsured population of Collin County. We provide basic medical care for patients that have non emergency medical problems.
Patients are seen by appointment only. There is no charge for the clinic services, however, patients may be asked for a donation, to offset costs of lab or diabetic supplies if they require them.
Julia’s Center for healthcare opened in February 2016. Currently we have 10 Providers, 8 RNs, 1 Chaplin, 1 Social Worker, and each week 2-3 administrative volunteers and 3-6 general volunteers.
Julia’s Center Values
To reflect God’s love by providing quality healthcare, education, and advocacy with dignity and compassion to the residents of Collin County who are uninsured or underserved.
The mission and sole purpose of the Center is to reflect God’s love by providing quality healthcare, education, and advocacy with dignity and compassion to the residents of Collin County who are uninsured or under-served.
“Love thy neighbor as thyself” Mark 12:31 without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation or ability to pay.
- Christ Church Plano
- Santa Natividad Iglesia
- Church of the Latter Day Saints
- First Christian Church of Plano
- Vivid Life Church
- North Dallas Bible Fellowship
- St. Marks / St. Vincent de Paul
- Arapaho Methodist
- All Saints Catholic Church
Potential Patient Issues
- Live in Collin County, may or may not have a car, phone, a job or a stable address
- May not know their date of birth
- May feel frightened and alone in our country
- May be working several jobs just to make ends meet
- Can’t take off work during the day to see a doctor
- May have lost their job, lost their homes, and have to chose food, or shelter before healthcare
- May be working jobs with no benefits or simply can’t afford to pay for health benefits
- May be someone’s aging parent, son or daughter, brother or sister, intelligent, warm, genuine and caring human beings who have fallen on hard times and are just trying to survive
- May have a medical problem and need to see a healthcare provider